Blood And Lymph with tabular form
Blood is the only liquid connective tissue present in our body and plays a critical role in transporting a wide variety of substances to different parts of the body. Blood And Lymph with tabular form
The main components of blood include red blood cells, white blood cells, blood platelets, and plasma. Blood is the main component of the human circulatory system, fulfilling many functions such as:
main functions of the Blood : Blood And Lymph with tabular form
- Corporal temperature regulation.
- Regulates the water content of cells.
- Protects against excessive blood loss through clotting.
- Regulates pH by interacting with acids and bases.
- Involved in the transport of hormones, nutrition, enzymes, respiratory gases and other molecules to the respective parts of the body.
lymph Blood And Lymph with tabular form
Lymph plays a vital role in transporting white blood cells within lymph nodes and bones, in removing interstitial fluid from tissues, and also fighting infectious and disease-causing bacteria that invade blood cells. The main functions of the lymph include:
main functions of the lymph
- Provides nutrients to the body.
- Removes metabolic waste from tissue cells.
- Maintains the composition of the tissue fluid.
- Helps to invade the entry of pathogenic infections caused by microbes.
- It absorbs fat-soluble vitamins and other digested fat molecules from the small intestine through the lymphatic vessels.
Differences between blood and lymph
Here is a comparative table between the differences between blood and lymph.
|It is a colorless fluid.||It is a reddish fluid.|
|The process occurs in|
|It is part of the lymphatic system.||It is part of the circulatory system.|
|It helps in the defense of the body and is part of the immune system.||Participates in the circulation of nutrients, hormones, oxygen and carbon dioxide, waste and other toxins.|
|It contains plasma and a lower amount of leukocytes and platelets.||It contains plasma, red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets.|
|It carries less oxygen and less digested food.||It carries more oxygen and digested food.|
|Proteins and minerals|
|Lymphatic plasma lacks protein.||Blood plasma is made up of protein, calcium, and phosphorus.|
|Nutrients are supplied from cells, tissues to the blood, through the lymphatic vessels.||Nutrients are supplied to different organs.|
|Very slow compared to blood.||Blood flows rapidly in the blood vessels.|
|It clots slowly due to the presence of less fibrinogen.||It clots rapidly due to the presence of more fibrinogen.|
|Lymph movement is in one direction only.||The movement of the blood is circular.|