Difference Between Bollywood and Hollywood
Bollywood and Hollywood are two highly recognized film industries on the international film scene. Both are mainstays in the film industry, thanks to their films, agents. But something that draws a lot of attention around both industries is their similarities. Difference Between Bollywood and Hollywood
HOLLYWOOD Difference Between Bollywood and Hollywood
Hollywood is basically the American movie industry that distributes movies around the world. It is named after a district in Los Angeles, California, which became the center of film studios. It was established before the First World War and is considered to be the most important and influential film industry in the world. Hollywood boasts of international stars of different ethnic backgrounds and nationalities. Both Hollywood movies and the stars that star in them are recognized by many people around the world.
Many Hollywood movies make use of special effects and other types of technology in their production. The movies are usually in English and where they highlight some elements such as crime, blood, extreme emotions, violence, sex and other controversial topics. Also, some films address issues in many ranges (local or international) and type (social, political, among others).
In terms of revenue, Hollywood dominates sales. The industry earns more revenue through the use of its franchise system, aside from the revenue from the film itself.
Movies are often linked to various media such as TV networks and magazines. Most Hollywood movies have international releases. In terms of production, Hollywood movies are expensive not only because of the use of technology, but also because of other elements of production. Globally, Hollywood earns 75 percent of all revenue from its movies.
On the other hand, Bollywood is a part of the Hindi film industry. The term “Bollywood” was created and popularized in the 1970s, when Hindi cinema overtook Hollywood. The name is a combination of Bombay (now Mumbai, his place of concentration) and “Hollywood.” Bollywood originated in the 1930s.
Movies created by Bollywood are often family oriented and appeal to human sensibilities. The typical length of a Bollywood movie is three hours with the inclusion of an intermission. The dominant themes in these films are musical comedies with large casts, various songs, and dance sequences. Drama is also a constant in these types of films. The languages used are Hindi or Hindis (a combination of English and Hindi).
One of the main criticisms of Bollywood movies is that they have a predictable and consistent plot. Some also lack creativity and become an escapist form of entertainment. There is also much criticism that some Bollywood movies are copies of Hollywood ones.
Bollywood also produces and distributes its films internationally, but it does not receive the same attention and reach as Hollywood. Some foreign countries are direct consumers of this film industry. The Bollywood industry produces more films, but spends less on their production. The success or earnings of a movie depend on the income earned from its presentation and the music videos that the movie produces. Approximately 50 percent of Bollywood movies are not released to the general audience.
- Hollywood was created before World War I, while Bollywood appears in the 1930s.
- Hollywood movies are often released for international audiences, while Bollywood movies target a more specific audience.
- Hollywood tackles controversial and varied topics in its films, on the other hand; Bollywood focuses on themes for the whole family, comedies and musicals.
- Hollywood uses many technological resources for the production of its films, while Bollywood places more emphasis on the cast that stars in them.
- In the name of Hollywood is due to the district where those movie studios are located, while Bollywood in a combination of “Bombay” and “Hollywood.”
- Hollywood movies are usually shorter than Bollywood movies.
- Hollywood stars are more popular than Bollywood stars.
- Bollywood makes more movies, but Hollywood makes more of it.