The main difference between these two vegetable soups is their texture and the ingredients used to make them. Both gazpacho and salmorejo are very similar and for many people it is really difficult to distinguish between one and the other: both dishes are typical of summer and are served cold, they have tomato as the base ingredient, their texture is liquid, etc. So if you want to know all the differences between these two foods, stay and discover them. Gazpacho vs Salmorejo with definition
What is gazpacho? Gazpacho vs Salmorejo with definition
Gazpacho is a cold soup of Andalusian origin that is used to take in the hottest times of the year. The recipe for this dish is based on tomato, which is accompanied by various vegetables. There are many variants in its preparation, but the basic ingredients are usually tomato, cucumber, pepper, garlic, onion, oil and water.
Typical Andalusian Gazpacho Recipe
To make a liter and a half or traditional gazpacho (4 people) we will need the following ingredients: Gazpacho vs Salmorejo with definition
- 1 kilo of tomatoes, preferably ripe.
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- Half an onion
- Half cucumber
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1 slice of stale bread
- 1 small spoonfuls of vinegar.
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
What is salmorejo?
Salmorejo is a cold cream of Cordoba origin. Its texture is usually thicker than that of gazpacho for two reasons. The first is that no water is added and the second is that one of its main ingredients is bread. In addition, tomatoes, oil and salt are added for its preparation. In addition, to accompany the dish, as a garnish you can add ingredients such as ham, egg or even French fries.
Typical Cordovan Salmorejo recipe Gazpacho vs Salmorejo with definition
To make a cordovan salmorejo for 4 people, we will need the following ingredients:
- 1 kilo tomato s , preferably after low acidity pear
- 200 gamos of loaf bread with a lot of crumb
- 150 ml of extra virgin olive oil.
- Half a clove of garlic
- Salt to taste
Gazpacho vs Salmorejo
As a summary, below we detail the main differences and distinctions between these two dishes:
- Salmorejo has a thicker texture than gazpacho
- Gazpacho is made with more ingredients than salmorejo
- Gazpacho can be considered a soup, while salmorejo is more of a cream
- Gazpacho can be drunk, while the thickness of the salmorejo does not allow it